The architecture of PPCM1 loosely couples two fully independent processor nodes across a 64-bit PCI bus, providing the system architect with cost effective, high bandwidth processing units. PPCM1's architecture is also optimized for real-time operating systems, each node supporting its own entirely standard kernel. For multi-slot processing solutions, PPCM1 provides an opportunity for reducing system slot count, or for dramatically boosting the processing power within each slot. Each of the processing nodes features a Freescale 7457 processor with 512 KB on-chip L2 Cache, its own private L3 Cache and high bandwidth access to its own Flash and SDRAM, plus non-competing access to its own PMC site via a 64-bit/66 MHz PCI bus.
- Five ruggedization levels, air- and conduction-cooled
- Two independent processor nodes
- 2x Freescale 7457 @ 1 GHz
- 2x PMC slots
- For Ruggedization Levels, please see the configuration guide under the downloads tab
- P25X603 Rear Transition Module