The very versatile FM780 is a high-performance XMC module based on the Xilinx Virtex-7.
Compliant with industry standard VITA 42.3, the FM780 is designed to be a multi-function, high-performance digital signal processor.
The Virtex-7 FPGA device available on board is user-programmable and can be used to implement high-end signal processing algorithms.
Based on customer requirements, front-panel I/O modules may be added to enable the FM780 to perform data acquisition, waveform generation, high-speed communication, image processing, and to implement various types of complex DSP applications.
With up to 10GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM, the FM780 offers a variety of memory options such as NAND Flash, QDRII SRAM, DDR2 SDRAM, and extra DDR3 SDRAM. Optionally, the user-configurable BLAST mounting sites may be populated with a customer's specific logic devices or circuit designs.
The FM780 is available as a conduction-cooled XMC.
Board Support Package
Our Board Support Package helps customers get their hardware implementation underway as quickly as possible by providing reference designs, the Stellar IP FPGA development tool, and the 4FM GUI user interface for controlling and monitoring the hardware, as well as other supporting elements.
- A guide to multi-channel synchronization for MIMO systems
- Addressing the challenges of low latency video system requirements for embedded applications
- Creating Flexible Hardware Systems with FPGA Partial Reconfiguration
- Electronic warfare: an introduction to low latency COTS solutions
- Hypersonic Flight Raises the Bar for Embedded Electronics
- Leveraging FPGAs for Evolving ISR Application Requirements.
- Selecting the Optimal DSP Solution for EW Applications
- Technologies for responding to rapid developments in cognitive RF and EW