VD-FOE software provides port failover for our Gigabit Ethernet network interface cards (NICs) using the VxWorks real-time operating system. Employing a custom protocol implementation, the software eliminates single point of failure by allowing the system to failover from one port on an Ethernet network to a port on another independent Ethernet network with little or no disruption to the user. This functionality is not available with standard protocols.
VD-FOE complies with the Ready Driver board support package API so that it works across our expansive range of x86 and PowerPC single board computers as well as single board computers from other vendors.
This software runs on top of our standard GIGEND Ethernet driver.
- Supports multiple hops to destination
- Switch does not need failover protocol knowledge
- BSP support for Pentium and PowerPC
- Compatible with XD-FOE
- VxWorks operating system driver Ready Driver compatible
- Tunable failover detection