The ICS-1556 builds on the legacy of our industry-leading digital receiver families and brings a brand new sensor processing platform to market. The ICS-1556 is designed for demanding communication applications such as Software-Defined Radio (SDR), Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), digital receivers, and tactical communications providing unsurpassed ADC technology with industry-leading DSP expertise. The ICS-1556 features very high sampling rate of up to 400 MHz per channel and a very high resolution (14-bits) - a combination of high sample rate and high resolution that is unsurpassed in the industry.
This unique sample rate/resolution combination, coupled with significant onboard signal processing capability, allows substantial simplification of VHF and some UHF radios. The ICS-1556 brings the ability to digitize these spectra directly, with minimal peripheral hardware - allowing intermediate analog down conversion stages to be eliminated, meaning savings in space, weight, and power and allowing complete systems to be faster, more compact and more cost effective.
In particular, the ICS-1556 enables the potential of Software-Defined Radio to be more completely exploited, enabling the interoperability of the new radio systems used by international military forces, and public safety groups such as police, fire fighters, paramedics and so on.
- 4 Transformer-coupled analog inputs
- Analog to digital resolution 14-bits
- Fs < 400 MHz per channel
- Xilinx Virtex-5 SX95T User Programmable FPGA
- PCI-X 64-bit/133 MHz Master/Target Burst Mode DMA capable
- 64 User I/Os via Pn4 connector routed directly to FPGA
- Pn4 LVDS or LVTTL signal levels
- Programmable internal clock with optional external reference
- VxWorks, Linux and Windows software drivers
- ICS-1556 Press Release
- Sensor Processing Resource Center