The PMC-422RC is a flexible solution for integrating multiple serial I/O channels onto a Single Board Computer (SBC), VMEbus, or CPCI system. Efficiently packaging 8 serial channels onto a single PMC makes effective use of available PMC sites. Each serial port is implemented with an independent UART with a separate programmable baud rate. Each of the ports in a pair has individually programmable line drivers to set any of the most popular signaling types: RS232, RS422, RS484 (full duplex and half duplex with termination or non-termination option). The signaling characteristics are set with on-board DIP switches. Each serial baud rate is separtely programmed from 150 bits/s to 6.2 Mb/s, depending on the specific crystal used. Additionally, a 16-bit general purpose Timer/Counter with 8 general inputs is provided.
- 4 RS232 ports can be accessible via front RJ45 connectors
- All ports accessible on rear I/O J4 with PMC I/O Module (PIM) PIM422RC
- 8 high-performance 16C550 UARTs with 64 bytes of RX/RX FIFO per channel
- PMC form factor
- PCI bus 2.2 target interface compliant up to 33MHz clock, 32-bit bus
- 8 port RS232/RS422/RS484 serial controller
- RoHS compliant