Designed for deployment in harsh and benign environments, the ICS-8561 is a rugged conduction-cooled 16-bit digital transmitter in PMC module format. It offers two channel operation with sampling frequencies of up to 400 MHz for Software Defined Radio (SDR) applications such as radar and tactical communications transmit. The combination of high performance FPGA and DAC resources allows base band signals to be processed, shifted to a selected radio frequency band at up to VHF frequencies and converted to analog form directly on the ICS-8560. Algorithms such as interpolation, beamforming, digital up conversion and modulation can be developed to execute in the onboard Xilinx Virtex-4 XC4VFX60, using the included Hardware Development Kit (HDK).
Suggested replacements are the:
** For systems which can only accomodate PMC cards, please contact your local sales representative for further information.
- 2 transformer-coupled analog outputs, 16-bit resolution
- FS ≤ 200 MHz (Single Data Rate Mode)
- Fs ≤ 400 MHz (Double Data Rate Mode)
- Xilinx Virtex-4 FX60 FPGA with multiple IP cores (incl. SDR 200 MHz, DDR 400 MHz)
- 8-connector Samtex GRF1-J connector (Ruggedization Levels 1, 2 and 3)
- 8 individual MMCX connectors (Ruggedization Levels 4 and 5); Optional for Levels 1 - 3
- Hardware Development Kit (HDK) included
- VxWorks, Linux and Windows software drivers
- Phased synchronized analog outputs
- Sensor Processing Center
- Ruggedization Levels