VMIVME-4132 500004132000 Product Manual Pages 39 - Analog Output Calibration Procedure (corrected 2/6/2006)
Step by Step Instructions
- Install VMIVME-4132 board on the extender board in the VMEbus backplane
- Remove any jumper from J1. (This sets the outputs to 20 V full scale)
- Place the jumper at J2 to 2-3 position (This is the bipolar setting)
- Apply power to the backplane and allow a minimum ten-minute warm-up time before proceeding
- Connect the DVM positive (+) lead to TP2 and its negative (-) lead to TP1
- Write the hex value 0x4880 to the CSR at offset 0x0002. This configures the board for twoâs complement coding and turns on the output channels
- Write the hex value 0x0000 to all analog output channels. These registers begin at offset address 0x0040 and stop at 0x007E
- Adjust R1 for a DVM indication of 0.0000 +/-0.001 VDC
- Write the hex value 0x07FF to all analog output channels. These registers begin at offset address 0x0040 and stop at 0x007E
- Adjust R2 for a DVM indication of +9.9951 +/-0.001 VDC. Note: If the board is to be used in the unipolar mode, perform steps 11, 12, and 13.
- Move the J2 jumper to the 2-1 position, and place a jumper on J1 in the 1-2 position
- Write the value 0x0000 to all of the analog output channels as done in step 7
- Adjust R3 for a DVM indication of 0.0000 +/-0.001 VDC
- For optimum performance, the gain may be adjusted. To make this adjustment, perform steps 9 and 10 above. Calibration of the analog outputs is now complete. Remove power and all test connections. Restore the board to its original configuration.