Using any GE Fanuc Embedded Systems' VMICPCI-7055 with U-Boot utility installed in onboard 8 bit flash, an operating system boot image can be flashed into the provided onboard 32bit flash component. In order to flash a boot image into 32 bit flash component using U-Boot and boot the flashed image perform the following steps.
Step by Step Instructions
NOTE: Before beginning make sure S1 switch 3 is set to off (see attachment for location and factory settings of S1). This enables writing to 32 bit flash.
- Set S1 switch 1 to OFF. (This sets the board to boot from 8-bit flash on power-up)
- Boot to U-Boot prompt.
- Set environment parameter enaMonExt by executing âsetenv enaMonExt yesâ from the U-boot prompt
- Save the environment by executing âsaveenvâ to store parameters to NVRAM.
- Reboot to U-Boot prompt.
NOTE: Steps 3, 4, and 5 are necessary to allow flashing of the 32-bit flash!
- Execute âf32b /tftpboot/bootrom.bin 0x3f00000â (This will TFTP the image â/tftpboot/bootrom.binâ from remote server to 32-bit flash. U-Boot must have predefined configuration including ip addresses for remote accessing)
- Optional: Set environment parameter âenaMonExtâ back to ânoâ and save.
- Power off, and Set S1 switch 1 to ON. (This sets the board to boot from the 32-bit flash on power-up.)